We help you transition your product lines from Batch Production
To One Piece Flow Lean
We help you make
Improvements To Your
Biography / Highlights
Charlie Protzman spent 13 years with AlliedSignal and has a total of 27 years experience in Materials and Operations Management. The first Lean Master and a Strategic Operations Manager for AlliedSignal, he received several special recognition and cost reduction awards. Charlie was an external consultant for the Maryland World Class Consortium and a contributor to the resulting World Class Guidelines. He assisted the Consortium in the first three World Class company assessments.
Charlie started Business Improvement Group LLC in November 1997 and has been implementing successful lean product, and administrative implementations and World Class Kaizen events across the U.S.
Charlie has trained people in the Lean Business Delivery and Healthcare Systems from all over the World.
Charlie has a BA and MBA from Loyola College in Maryland and is a member of SME, SAE, APT, and past member of APICS, AME Champions Club and NAPM organizations.
Specializing in implementing lean thinking principles and lean manufacturing techniques through the
Business Improvement Group, LLC
P.O. Box 1151
Sparks, MD 21152-1151
Cell Phone: 410.984.1158
Assist companies in assessing and closing the gaps between present condition and world class standards.
· Help you make significant, documented, improvements to your bottom line.
· Show how lean is a competitive marketing strategy.
· Show you how you can attract the best talent and have lower labor costs overall.
· Provide “hands-on” implementation of process improvements from the floor to the office
· Create lean knowledge experts in your organization
· Assist you in taking your business to the “next level” and drive toward World Class.
· Total Waste Elimination
We offer two different approaches:
We have extensive experience with coaching and motivating employees and we fully involve your employees throughout the process. Your suppliers or customers may also participate in the implementations.
Typical Documented Company Results
· Significant increases in gross profit percent
· Significant increases in cash flow
· Labor hour per unit reduced 50% or more
· Up to 50% increases in product line output
· First Pass Yield improved 10% or more
· Space savings 25% to 70%
· Reduce product travel by up to 90%
· Up to 80% inventory reductions and corresponding increase in cash flow
· Ability to respond to JIT Customers
· Multi Process cross trained operators
· Increases in man to machine ratio
· Streamlined Materials pull system
· Comprehensive capacity planning and scheduling system
· Up to 10X return on consulting fees
These results are typical but cannot be guaranteed. They are dependent on top Management’s dedication and unwavering commitment. The Senior Leadership Team must lead the change providing the vision, focus and resource required to successfully implement this change to the organization and culture.
Delivery System (LBDS)
Training Product Offerings
One Day Lean Overview Seminar
Broad based overview of lean thinking with interactive exercises. Topics include comparisons between batch and one piece flow (lean) environments, setup reduction, standard work, lean process and industrial engineering techniques and world class videos.
Two Day Lean Overview Workshop
Ten hour seminar plus Systems Thinking activity, Myers Briggs styles analysis, analyis activity, additional films and world class videos.
One Week LBDS Seminar
Interactive, detailed training on our unique implementation approach provides the foundation for a pilot team to implement lean product and process improvements.
Five Day World Class Kaizen Event
Participants receive 21/2 days of training over the five days and 11/2 days of implemeting on the factory floor with a presentation to the Senior Leadership of Results at the end of the week.
Full Product Line System Implemenation
Combined with the training approaches above. Participants learn how to implent lean techniques on an entire product line. Typically takes four to twelve weeks depending on complexity.
Lean Management System Training
Interactive sessions focused on Leadership Skills, Total Qualtity Tools, Team Building, Myers Briggs Styles Analysis, Interactive Exercises, and Change Management.
Training sessions can be customized and tailored to meet the needs of the Customer. Other training courses are available.